Lisa Pizzey, our Careers Adviser, writes:

Would you like help on deciding on the right career path for you? Do you need help with choosing what to do after Year 11 or Year 13?

If you would like help with any of these questions then please come and find me in the Library Office during break or lunch time or email me to arrange an appointment. I am in school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Year 11s please note that ‘Raising the Participation Age' (RPA) means that you have to continue in Education or Training until the age of 18.

Letters and Notices

RPA Handout
Calling All Ex-Students!


Raising the Education Participation Age: (RPA)

Continuing in Education or Learning.

If you are currently in Year 11, then you will have to stay in some form of education or training until the end of the academic year when you turn 18, this doesn’t mean you have to stay on at school:

It can be that you attend:

  • Full-time education e.g. School 6th Form or a place at College to study vocational or work based learning.
  • Enter into an Apprenticeship.
  • Undertake full time employment or voluntary work (over 20 hours per week) combined with part-time education or training 

You can search for courses, apprenticeships and training and apply online at
Year 11s - you will be given log in details from your Form Tutor for UCAS Progress.

Information about Careers for Young people in Kent

Kent Choices 4 U offers confidential information, advice and guidance to 13-19 year olds in Kent on careers, courses, jobs, training, apprenticeships, education, health, money, housing and relationships.

It also supports young people up to the age of 25 who have learning difficulties and/or disabilities.

Our Careers Adviser, , will help you make plans for your future and advise you on:

  • Subject choices
  • Career ideas
  • Local job opportunities
  • Sixth Form/Further Education options
  • Apprenticeships/jobs with training
  • Going to university
  • Volunteering/work experience

A Careers Adviser can also help you if there is something on your mind and you need to talk to someone in confidence.  This might be a family/relationship problem or you are worried about a health issue.

You can drop in to see our Careers Adviser or arrange to make an appointment to find out more.


Other sources of information to support careers advice: - Webchat, email or phone  0800 100 900  for information on jobs, careers, learning or training